Sensyne Health are looking to appoint an experienced commercial Clinical Director to help us deliver on our mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
We are an agile team of Clinically led Machine Learning specialists who use our proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development and post-marketing surveillance. The nature of our team is collaborative with an emphasis on genuine passion for healthcare.
Reporting into our Managing Director – Life Sciences and working closely with our CMO you will serve as the Clinical authority for projects within our Discovery Sciences functions and take responsibility for ensuring clinical development focus for all relevant projects. This is a highly visible role requiring considerable interaction with Pharmaceutical and Clinical partner companies as our Clinical expert. Your understanding of the value of real-world data to clinical development, and your deep understanding of different trial structures and benefits (including synthetic control arms) will support and enhance the development of our clinical RWE offering to pharmaceutical clients.
This role involves working closely with the data science team across a range of therapeutic areas, but with a particular focus on Oncology or Cardiology, ensuring there are solid biological and clinical rationale for the research, along with clear patient benefit delivery.
In collaboration with the wider team you will translate business and clinical requirements into product/technical requirements. This means building the strategy and operational requirements for the use of clinical data into the drug discovery and development pathway, working directly with Medical Directors and in house Clinical experts working in our Pharmaceutical partners. This is an excellent opportunity for an M.D. with a proven background in Oncology Clinical Development to make a significant impact.
How you’ll help
– Managing and developing both existing and new clinical activities with pharmaceutical partners during commercial projects, ensuring clinical rigour and delivering commercial success.
– Liaison with clinicians and Trusts to define project plans, frameworks and outlines, using biological know-how and expertise
– Provide Clinical leadership expertise to Pharmaceutical and Clinical partners, developing trusted relationships as a subject matter expert.
– Work internally with a dynamic team of machine learning and computational biologists to address clinically relevant questions.
– Manage a small team of clinicians to deliver clinical expertise on commercial projects
– Act as the Cardiology or Oncology lead and expert for the company
– Work with the data science team to write project reports and determine biological-scientific direction of projects
– Oversight of processed data sets, seeking fresh clinical insight from previously untapped patient groups and translating these findings into publications or research ideas.
Sensyne Health actively encourages the scientific team to publish research results in national and international conferences and scientific journals.
About Sensyne Health
At Sensyne Health we combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, we have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to our partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, we develop clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. Our products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.