Applications for Cohort 6 of the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme are currently OPEN and will close on 2nd November 2021.
About the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme
Established in 2016, the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme (CEP), delivered by Anglia Ruskin University, aims to support healthcare staff to develop the commercial skills, knowledge and experience needed to successfully develop and spread innovation, to benefit patients, the public, and the wider NHS. The programme offers a range of support including direct education, mentoring, networking, and access to exclusive opportunities, expertise and resources.
The CEP is essentially a ‘corporate entrepreneurship’ programme. It enables NHS employees to develop innovations and commercial ideas whilst continuing to work in the NHS and fosters a culture for innovation and entrepreneurialism within the NHS. Since its launch, the programme has grown in scale and impact. In the first four years, the programme recruited over 500 NHS staff, making it the world’s first and largest national-level entrepreneurial workforce development programme.
The programme offers expert mentoring, exclusive networking, and bespoke training to develop innovative ideas into products and businesses to benefit NHS patients. The curriculum covers all aspects of setting up and running a small business, including attracting investors, applying for funding, and ensuring appropriate corporate governance. Training on how to build a start-up, and how to operate in this highly charged environment, is delivered as a series of educational events attended by industry mentors. The programme allows entrepreneurs to pursue their innovation without having to leave the health service, providing a wider benefit to economic growth through inward investment in the health, social care and life science sectors.
Doctorpreneurs is proud to be a partner for the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme since 2017.
The programme offers:
- one-to-one mentoring and coaching
- networking opportunities and system introductions
- placements and internships
- bespoke advice and guidance on setting up and running a successful business
- business planning support
- educational ‘pit stop’ events, topic-specific workshops and guest speakers
- expert webinars, video content and e-learning
- accredited curriculum
- invitations to conferences and events
- pitching opportunities
- news, communications and media
- signposting to investment sources, sponsorship offers, funding opportunities, awards and prizes
- time out for entrepreneurial activities
- peer-to-peer support forum
- badge of permission
- professional development including assessing and improving entrepreneurial skills.
If you would like to apply please visit: https://nhscep.com/