Important note: Please check the organisation’s website for application dates. The presence of this posting does not necessarily mean applications for this opportunity are currently open.
Microsoft AI Residency Program
Through the Microsoft AI Residency program you will have the opportunity to work alongside prominent researchers and engineers in either Redmond, WA, or Cambridge, UK. You will build your skills and get hands-on experience working on practical AI and machine learning problems that help tackle some of society’s toughest challenges.
We are searching for a diverse range of researchers, engineers, and applied scientists with unique perspectives, including candidates who may not have a traditional background in AI, but who are passionate about working on AI technologies to solve real-world challenges.
In this year-long program, selected residents will:
- Gain real-world, hands-on industry experience while working with Microsoft researchers, engineers, and product teams.
- Learn how to develop and deploy AI techniques and solutions at scale across a range of areas such as healthcare, scientific discovery, productivity, and gaming.
- Benefit from a rich program of training and mentorship.
- Be part of a vibrant AI and machine learning community in Cambridge, UK, or Redmond, WA.
- Receive competitive compensation and be encouraged to apply for a regular position at Microsoft at the end the residency program.
We look forward to working with candidates that can carry the work forward into the future.
- BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with substantial coursework in, but not limited to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics, physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
- Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or C/C++/C#.
- Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is desirable.
- Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong communication skills.