MedShr is looking for motivated and enthusiastic junior doctors to join the team as Medical Education Fellows to work in collaboration with Health Education England and other partners to develop this exciting technology as a tool for formal learning, training and accreditation for doctors and medical students.
Job Title: MedShr – HEE Medical Education Fellow
Supervisor: Dr Asif Qasim, Consultant Cardiologist, Founder of MedShr
Name and location: MedShr and Health Education England, Centenary House, Palliser Road, London, W14 9EQ
The post-holder may be required to work periodically at alternative locations as required including the offices Health Education England in London.
Duration of post: 1 year
Number of posts available: 1-3
Salary: On clinical scale at current grade
Hours: Full Time / minimum 4 days per week
Details of post:
The main objective of this post is to develop the role of clinical case discussion using MedShr in formal medical education, training and accreditation. This will be achieved in partnership with Health Education England and working in collaboration with NHS trusts, training deaneries and other organisations such as Royal Colleges and National / Specialist Societies.
The role will be geared to align with each appointee’s own career ambitions in terms of specialty interests.
MedShr Education Fellows will:
- Contribute to the development of MedShr teaching materials and deliver clinical teaching series on the MedShr platform
- Engage with Health Education England, NHS Trusts, Training Deaneries, Royal Colleges and other organisations to introduce and lead digital case discussion programmes to support formal training and accreditation
- Work with Royal Colleges to develop use of MedShr in exam preparation, formal appraisal and continuing professional development
- Work directly with the Health Education England Technology Enhanced Learning team on a range of projects for one half day session per week
- Engage with specialist medical societies to support education and training
- Work in collaboration with the MedShr product and design teams to improve the learning experience for members
- Aid senior specialists, specialty editors and clinical advisors
- Have the opportunity to submit abstracts, papers and posters
- Have the opportunity to present at HEE meetings, training days, medical education meetings and conferences
- Aid the introduction of MedShr into medical school curricula to form part of accredited learning, assessments, examinations and reflection
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Current or recent employment in a UKFPO-affiliated Foundation Programme OR 12 months’ experience after full GMC registration or equivalent, and evidence of achievement of foundation competences from a UKFPO-affiliated foundation programme or equivalent
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Capacity to prioritise time and workload efficiently
- Experience in clinical teaching
- Experience in a range of acute specialties
- Training or certification in medical education
- Interest in medical-technology and technology enabled learning
- Understanding of undergraduate and postgraduate training curriculum
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with social media and online networks
Application: If you think you are the right candidate for the job and possess the skills required to be successful, please apply here or by email with your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th June 2020, early application advised
Interview date: Wednesday 24th June 2020 or sooner – interviews via Zoom video call
Starting date: ASAP and TBD based on candidates
MedShr - the GMC and GDPR compliant App for Doctors - is the world’s leading case discussion platform, enabling clinicians to securely share and discuss clinical images and cases within a private professional network. Developed by doctors and launched from London in 2015, MedShr is growing rapidly in all specialties with over one million members in 190 countries.