MedShr is looking for motivated and enthusiastic junior dentists and doctors to join the team as Education Fellows to work in collaboration with Health Education England and other partners to develop this exciting technology as a tool for formal learning, training and accreditation for doctors and medical students.
- Job Title: MedShr – HEE Education Fellow
- Supervisor: Dr Asif Qasim, Consultant Cardiologist, Founder of MedShr
- Name and location: MedShr and Health Education England, Centenary House, Palliser Road, London, W14 9EQ
- The post-holder may be required to work periodically at alternative locations as required including the offices Health Education England in London
- Duration of post: 1 year
- Number of posts: 2-4
The main objective of this post is to develop the role of clinical case discussion through MedShr in formal medical education, training and assessment. This will be achieved in partnership with Health Education England working in collaboration with NHS organisations, education providers and other organisations such as Royal Colleges and National / Specialist Societies. The role will be geared to align each appointee’s own career ambitions in terms of specialty interests.
MedShr allows doctors to capture, share and discuss clinical cases, and provides a rich environment for learning. Users can discuss cases privately with a supervisor or trainer, with opportunities for formal training and appraisal.
MedShr Education Fellows will:
- Contribute to the development of teaching materials, delivery and development of clinical teaching
- Engage with Health Education England and other organisations on formal training and accreditation programs
- Work in collaboration with the MedShr product and design teams to improve the learning experience for members
- Aid the introduction of MedShr into medical school curricula to form part of accredited learning, assessments, examinations and reflection
- Contribute to academic training with Royal Colleges for use of MedShr in exam preparation, formal appraisal and continuing professional development
- Support interactions with specialist medical societies
- Aid senior specialists, specialty editors and clinical advisors
- Have one half-day session per week will be made available to work directly with HEE
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Current or recent employment in a UKFPO-affiliated Foundation Programme OR 12 months’ experience after full GMC registration or equivalent, and evidence of achievement of foundation competences from a UKFPO-affiliated foundation programme or equivalent
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Capacity to prioritise time and workload efficiently
- Experience in clinical teaching
- Experience in a range of acute specialties
- Training or certification in medical education
- Interest in medical-technology and technology-enabled learning
- Understanding of undergraduate and postgraduate training curriculum
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with social media and online networks
- Specialty interest in Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Dermatology or Oncology
- Salary: On clinical scale at current grade
- Hours: Full Time
- Contractual: One year contract
- Application: Please apply by email with your CV to one of the following: firstname.lastname@example.org, George Ulmann, Operations Director email@example.com, Dr Asif Qasim, Founder and CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
MedShr is a professional medical network and app, developed to connect with peers and experts from around the world to share and discuss interesting and challenging clinical cases. MedShr enables doctors to share knowledge and skills to improve healthcare, and ultimately save lives.
Following an initial release in August 2015, the full version of the MedShr app and web platform was released in October 2015, and has been well received by doctors and patients. There are now over 800,000 members with rapid growth globally in all specialties.
The MedShr team is supported by technical and medical experts including over 200 clinical editors. MedShr has received support from founders of established global technology companies, and in August 2015 joined Founders Forum as part of the Founders Factory accelerator program. Since then, they have joined Digital Health London – a collaboration of NHS providers and AHSNs to support companies in embedding their promising technologies in the NHS. MedShr is developing partnerships with NHS and educational bodies to accelerate growth and engagement.