Medical Director, GRAIL Europe
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Medical Director for GRAIL Europe will be responsible for providing leadership in the design, development, implementation and execution of large clinical studies, initially in the UK, to demonstrate clinical utility of GRAIL’s multi-cancer early detection test.
- Provide leadership and direction for GRAIL clinical development programs, prioritizing opportunities and developing plans to generate evidence for clinical validation and clinical utility, ensuring the highest standards of clinical and scientific integrity
- Engage with the GRAIL Board, Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Science, Medicine and Technology Committee (SMT), key academic, community, and industry partners, and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical development strategies.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the GRAIL clinical organization.
- Collaborate on the design, review, execution, and analysis of GRAIL clinical studies in support of product development plans and GRAIL partnerships, ensuring rigorous and compliant study conduct.
- Provide oversight of clinical data collection and quality assessment, as well as development of analysis plans
- Be the primary point of contact for key strategic relationships regarding clinical studies, including with the NHS, partner Clinical Trials Unit (CTU), NHS Digital, key hospitals, Investigators, etc
- Working with the Director of Clinical Development, ensure studies are delivered to quality, time and budget, and trouble shoot where necessary to solve problems as they arise
- Collaborate with biostatistics to develop statistical analysis plans and be the primary author of clinical study reports and other study deliverables
- Act as medical monitor for designated studies
- Provide scientific and medical support for publications and presentations, and provide medical input for commercial and promotional activities, as needed
- Work closely with commercial, product marketing, medical affairs, and medical communication teams to develop materials (e.g. slide decks) to ensure scientific and medical accuracy as well as cross-functional alignment
- Ensure compliance with evolving company and industry regulations and policies
Your Background Will Include:
- A medical degree and at least 5 years’ experience in clinical research working in the NHS
- Deep working knowledge of clinical product development in therapeutics and/or diagnostics
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in cross-functional team environment and leadership roles
- Clinical research and product development experience in oncology and diagnostics in industry
- Experience in oncology, genomics, diagnostics, cfDNA-based applications, or similar applied medical fields strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, as well as verbal and written communication skills, and a strong understanding of relevant regulations and a commitment to compliance