With years of untapped data waiting to be explored, coupled with striking growth in digital capabilities, it is clear that the digital revolution is changing everything, especially in pharmaceuticals, and Novartis has adopted a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation.
This position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing digital strategies and solutions that enable UK Medical Affairs transform its external engagement model and take on Digital projects across other Digital areas such as digital health solutions and the UK Biome.
This role also serves as a key strategic partner to our UK Omnichannel team and the UK Biome. It also links into and partners with Global Medical Affairs Digital group.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with the Global Medical Affairs Digital group and UK Medical Affairs to shape, and locally implement the Digital Medical Affairs framework, Next Generation Engagement, and its principles.
• Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and driving adoption of digital strategies that address external engagement and Medical educational objectives/gaps—and in doing so-—establish Medical Affairs as a best-in-class Digital Medical Affairs organization.
• Ensure digital advocacy for new & emerging technological capabilities opportunities across VR/AR, Hologram, Chatbots, Virtual Digital Assistants, IoT, etc., and present potential tactics to better leverage digital opportunities
• Leads and develops a Medical Digital Champions network (MDC) to generate and implementing digital approaches across the business, driving best practice and consistency,
• Identification and track, as applicable, impact and reach of digital education campaigns to ensure tactics deliver value in terms of reach and learning shift.
• Strategic and Medical leadership as part of the Digital Strategic Enablement Team (D-SET) as part of this team the influencing overall UK digital strategy and implementation planning
• This role will partner with the BIOME in identifying and evaluation digital solutions for identified challenges, hence needs to demonstrate a strong understanding of the Digital Health ecosystem including start-ups, big tech entities, academia, incubators, accelerators, etc.
• Pro-actively pursuing the digitisation of patient pathways agenda where needed
• Medical Digital enthusiast with the ability to lead, develop and implement digital medical/health strategies based on integrated and synthesized customer & treatment
• Strategic thinking and cross-matrix leadership skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, manage issues, resolve conflicts, and mitigate risks
• High-display of Novartis Values & Behaviors
• Significant experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or other relevant health sector role
Knowledge of the ABPI code of practice
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
For the Eighth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2021)!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.