Clinical Lead, UK
We’re looking for a data- and technology-oriented clinician to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you’ll work with the expanding Flatiron UK team to help build our UK business focused on oncology real world data and evidence generation. Flatiron’s RWD generation approach involves processing source data from clinical information systems into high-quality standardized datasets. You’ll be the clinical subject matter expert providing expertise related to data model development. In addition, you’ll also:
- Provide clinical expertise for all decisions related to data processing, database creation, and research product development
- Help to build the framework for our data models: you will be driving development of our UK oncology data models based on standard UK clinical practice, and leveraging the expertise of our US data models and clinical team
- Inform key data processing decisions: assess what types of data elements are routinely captured in structured vs. unstructured data to inform how Flatiron UK will process UK records into data products
- Develop data processing policies and procedures: develop rules for abstractors to follow in unstructured data processing to ensure high quality, standardized abstraction
- Engage data partner clinical leadership: support the cancer center collaboration process by being the Flatiron UK counterpart to cancer center clinical and clinical research leadership
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including technical (e.g., software engineers), business, data privacy experts, quantitative scientists, and other clinical professionals
- Work with US clinical scientific leadership to ensure knowledge generated / learned by US clinical team becomes embedded within the UK business (e.g., approaches to clinical variable development and research methods)
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products
Who You Are
You’re a data driven clinician with a minimum of 5 years working in oncology. You’re excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have direct clinical experience with a specialization in oncology (e.g., as a medical oncologist, oncology nurse)
- You have worked in a research environment either as a principal investigator or member of a research team in academic or industry context
- You have interest and experience with creating databases for research
- You have experience with health records, and electronic clinical systems
- You have experience with how clinical data are represented across UK (e.g., understanding of ICD codes, national UK registry data)
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture
- You can collaborate and easily explain scientific terms to a non-medical, highly sophisticated audience; superior communication skills
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working in drug development, either in the industry setting or as an academic collaborator
- You have a health outcomes research background
- You have formal training in research methodology/data analytic methods
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, product teams, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You’ll also find a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer competitive company benefits and salary, including a generous pension plan and daily stipend for lunch and snacks.
Flatiron is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Flatiron Health
Who We Are
Flatiron Health is a leading healthcare technology company, headquartered in New York City, and focused on oncology. Flatiron was acquired for $1.9B in 2018, making it one of the largest technology exits in the space, and remains an independent subsidiary of the largest oncology drug developer, the Roche Group. Flatiron is building a connected technology platform that enables the development of actionable insights that can help cancer care providers and researchers learn from every patient’s experience. Our 900 employees and 1500 part-time data abstractors represent a diverse group of leaders from across industries, including oncologists and nurses, data scientists, engineers, researchers and many more.
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We established our first international office this year (in London) and are looking for highly-skilled, experienced engineers to join our founding technical team. If you’re interested in joining a small, fast-paced team focused on improving outcomes for patients, here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health UK is the right next step in your career.