Want to build the future of healthcare IT?
We need a clinical lead to help us build the best patient-centred communication platform!
We don’t build gimmicks. Everything that we build needs to be useful, usable and used
You’ll spend a lot of time talking to and testing products with frontline staff. You’ll combine this with your insights of how the healthcare system works and where the problems are.
You’ll inform the features we’re building today, and help develop our product strategy for what we’re building in the future
Championing frontline staff and patients
Most challenges faced by caregivers and patients aren’t immediately visible
You’ll develop a deep understanding of caregiver personas and help the team build empathy with our users
You’ll educate the team in what the big challenges are for patients and excite the team about how we can improve people’s health
We work closely with amazing people in primary care, secondary care, CCGs, and central government (NHS England, NHS Digital)
You’ll nurture the relationships we have and forge hundreds of new ones
You’ll be a key voice of accuRx amongst NHS leadership and policymakers, and become a real expert in our field
What kind of person are we looking for?
- At least 2 years of clinical experience post-qualification (this could be in medicine, nursing, pharmacy…we’re open minded as long as you can engage with all staff)
- You are an amazing listener and learner, and can easily speak to users without any hubris
- You have a strong interest in product and design, and these go way beyond healthcare
- You’re comfortable wearing several different hats at once – the role is really varied
- You have a good appreciation of the wider healthcare system and how it fits together
- You can work effectively with cross-functional product squads
- You can work full time or 4 days per week, with the remaining day as a clinician
Things we look for in every hire
- You care about maintaining our company culture as we grow.
- Where a change in the company is required, you have the confidence to tell us what to do.
- You thrive in a culture of feedback – giving it and receiving it.
- You care about making healthcare better for patients and staff (you don’t need a healthcare background, but let us know if you have one!).
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain the complex in a simple way, so anyone can understand you.
- You share our values (read more about them in our Culture Deck).
- Meaningful share options, so that you own a part of the company
- Free breakfast, fruit and snacks in the office
- Catered lunches once a week and monthly dinners where we down tools and eat as a team
- Annual week-long team retreat, with partners invited for the weekend
- £500 annual wellness bonus, to help keep you mind and body active
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Brand new, spacious, light-filled office by Haggerston station
- Cycle to work scheme
- Top-spec laptop, Aeron chair, two screens
- Pension scheme matched up to 4%
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
We’re on a mission to bring patients and their healthcare teams together, to make patients healthier and the healthcare workforce happier. Our core product, Chain SMS, is used by over 1 in 3 GP surgeries in England, only 18 months after launching. You'll be helping make sure we build the right product, championing the needs of the healthcare workforce within the team and building relationships with key stakeholders in the health and care system.
If you've ever got frustrated trying to get through to a patient's GP, trying to get hold of a patient's record or trying to get a message to a patient, come and help us fix these problems (and more).
A little more about us
We believe healthcare is a communication industry - that’s where time is spent and where things go wrong.
Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can easily communicate with everyone else involved in that patient's care, including the patient.
Today, we help GP practices speed up communication with their patients and with their team. Our core product replaces hand-delivered letters with SMS messages.
We’re a small but successful team of 15 with a range of backgrounds in software and healthcare. We’re growing our team fast, and closed a Series A funding round of £8.8m back in Feb 2019, with three of Europe’s top tech investors: Atomico, LocalGlobe and Entrepreneur First. Read more about our funding round here